Monday, May 7, 2012

Sketchdump #3 - A Tarot, Reworked.

Part of me says I should wait and release these in a looong time from now but since I've switched major projects from this to another, the thought occurred just to throw these sketches out now. (That and I'm still doodling compositionally til hell freezes over.)
A long time ago at the beginning of this sketchbook I've been posting pictures from I decided that I wanted to do a tarot deck based on Marvel characters. And not "just" Marvel, movie Marvel characters. For most of this deck, that proved very little issue. But there were a few characters from the normal universe that fit all-too-well into certain cards (aside from the FFFUUUU what do you mean Hank and Jan aren't going to be in the Avengers moment). So I took it as a fun design challenge to try to do some weird scribbles of costumes for the Maximoff siblings. I wanted to combine key elements of their normal costume design and the design of costumes like Hawkeye and Black Widow from the movie universe. And hell, just for the challenge, throw in the Ultimates line for good measure. I will probably revisit these in a better (*cough*digital*cough*) format when I get some spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment