Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sketchdump #2 - We Work in the Darkness to Serve the Light.


The next big sketch-dump is a RP environment that is part fan-based but wholly a labor of love to the setting and the history. I'm a big fan of Assassin's Creed, no lie in that. But a few friends and I decided to do a setting based in the universe around the turn of the 20th century in London. The height of the Industrial Revolution. The Age of Jack the Ripper and the original Sherlock Holmes. As such, I wanted to work on developing an outfit for my character that would hide his distinctive features (the prominent scars on his cheek and lips) while keeping in tune with both 19th century fashion and Assassin design. 
The funny thing about this whole piece? About three weeks after I finished a design that I really liked for my character here, Ubisoft came out with the promotional art/Alex Ross's piece for Assassin's Creed 3. The similarities between this outfit and Connor's 18th Century gear were readily apparent. 

I might tweak with the design slightly and do some environment scribbles, but for the most part you can see I was trying to mess with folds of fabric/gravity.Still need to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment