Monday, November 18, 2013

There's no other way to say it: Guh.

So hey! Last weekend's misadventures included a trip to help out a group of people I consider my adoptive family. I have many a tale I could spin about the SCA but suffice it to say, check out the society's main website to see what it's all about. Then check out one of these GoPro helmet cam vids because the fact that this thing occurs on a yearly basis is mind blowing. As much as I love the armored combat, I am more of an archer mostly because I got to a point where I was utterly terrified of getting my hands beat in. I made some friends that weekend and, despite an injury from an accident back in April, I had a fairly good time.

I did manage to make some headway on pages despite having to spend part of the week in repose. I'll be releasing some of the unused panels from the recent edits I had to do with importing the pages into Manga Studio EX 4. I'm hoping I can keep up with the schedule I set for myself between the physical therapy and the puppy coming home next weekend, I believe I'll have my hands full.

Part of the reason I keep up with weekly updates and this weird style of writing is that when I'm going over the days, things will come to me. Between seeing Thor 2 this weekend with my folks (which I admit I enjoyed even with a great deal of the movie being The Loki Show. Even if Loki's my favorite, sush.) and the tornado that unfortunately wrecked a great deal of local area, I missed the second annual ComfyCon.

ComfyCon was made as an idea between Danielle Corsetto of GirlsWithSlingshots and Randy Millholland of Something*Positive, it's a weekend of panels and livestreams based entirely around webcomics: from getting into the "business" of webcomics to attempting to manage your first anthology. I only managed to hit the opening ceremony on Friday night, but (almost) all of the streams should be online as recordings so I plan on taking some time in the next week or so to look through a few of the panels. If I had been on top of things I would've suggested it earlier but y'know how things get.

That's really all for now. Tune in next week if I haven't drowned from puppy bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment